Saturday, August 13, 2011

812 Group Leadership Project

Below is the YouTube video of our Google Presentation on Google Apps. Unfortunately, this is a recording of the original presentation prior to revisions due to miscommunication between group members. I've embedded the video that was created from the unrevised version.

My group decided to use Google Presentation to create our PD tutorial because we thought it would be effective (and reinforce our explorations with Google Apps) to utilize one of the applications we had researched. Additionally, we used Camtasia to create out screencast and uploaded it to YouTube as a standalone tutorial.

Though our group had the best of intentions, developing this tutorial was challenging due to trying to coordinate five separate schedules (especially during the summer). In Part A, we tried to create a timeline for the entire project, which in retrospect was very open-ended and vague. We did not establish "set" due dates as a group, which I think caused some miscommunication. As far as the development of the project (and the tools we chose to explore), I learned more extensive applications within various Google Apps that I'm looking forward to incorporating into my classes this fall. For instance, I enjoyed researching the various options in Google Calendar such as using "flair" as a key to help students differentiate between assignments.

If I had to complete this project again, I would suggest creating a more definitive time line that everyone agreed upon (and followed up with) in order to create a polished final project. For instance, I edited all slides in Google Presentations (with speaker notes from all members), but somehow the unedited version was the one recorded and uploaded to YouTube. It was a bit frustrating to have invested time in editing the presentation to not have it reflected in our final project. Also, I believe incorporating more interactive options would be more "lively" such as adding a fun quiz at the end or even incorporating background music. 




No comments:

Post a Comment